Parkstar is awake in New Guinea. We’ve exchanged some entertaining Snaps and I’ve caught the world up via Snapchat (just_ferriss). I’ve FaceTimed with my sweet parents and even from 15 hours away, I still feel so close to them. My only mission now is to connect with my brother so we can watch the game together via FaceTime while I live stream it from my iPad to my TV via Apple TV. While he watches it on TV. Did I mention while we FaceTime?
Whew, technology is an amazing thing.
In case you missed it.
My sister is on the women’s under-20 US national team and they are currently playing in FIFA’s U20 Women’s World Cup 2016. We had an honorary World Cup pre-game FaceTime chat, which took place 6:16-7:15 p.m. EST time on Nov. 12, 2016 in America and 9:16-10:15 a.m. Nov. 13, 2016 in New Guinea.
Here are the highlights of our conversational events, part II:
- “Dad wrote a motivational quote in all of my cards. This one says, ‘The best thing someone can do is tell me I can’t do something. Thanks for the coal, I’ll light the fire!'” Then we laughed.
- “Mom got me a token with a guardian angel to watch over me, look how cute it is.” *Puts token to camera* “I keep it in my soccer bag.”
- Park has a daily devotions book she reads. Her favorite chapters are “Enjoy The Journey” and “Quitters Never Win And Winners Never Quit.” But her favorite, favorite is “Perseverance.”
- For World Cup, the jersey numbers only go up to 21 so she can’t be 22, but she’s not letting that kill her vibe! “Everyone was like, ‘take 20!’ But I was like I can’t do that, that would have been disrespectful to 22 because it’s still in the twenties, you know? So I went with 2.”
- Park: “Yessssssssss, it’s game day eve.”
Me: “I wish I had game day eve.”
Park: “When I wake up tomorrow it’s gonna be game day. I’ve prayed a lot.”
And so she woke up on Game Day and put on her Game Day outfit. And it was the most epic thing ever.
More on where that came from later.
In the meantime, here’s part I of our FaceTime chat, go team USA and here’s how to watch the game now or later:
- Watch the games LIVE. The games will air on Fox Sports 1. Get the full live TV schedule here.
- Live stream it. The games will live stream from YouTube. Internet connection may not be strong coming from New Guinea so just prepare for that!
- Watch them later. The games will air at additional times on Fox Soccer Plus, get those details here.