I don’t know why I packed a suitcase (two) when I went home for the holidays. I got these jeans for Christmas and I got this sweater after Christmas, and then I wore this outfit three days in a row (and these jeans every day after that)–shamelessly, might I add. It proved its ability to make a statement under pressure for any occasion. I went from day to night and didn’t even think twice about it (like I normally would have), thus, it was the perfect day to night outfit.
Let’s recap my whereabouts. I wore it out one night for drinks with friends on a Tuesday. I wore it to an early and casual lunch with my dad and brother on a Wednesday. I wore it to lunch in downtown Kansas City with my baby sis and future sister-in-law, followed by a late-afternoon happy hour with my dad on a Thursday. (I may have worn it somewhere Friday but…)
Sooooo what are the key pieces to this day to night outfit? Let’s assess:
- Basic black sweater with minimal detail/subtle flair, i.e., neckline and sleeve detail
- Dark-wash denim but not so dark that they’re almost black or too dark to kill your daytime vibe — the raw hem is also a nice touch!
- Beanie by day, optional by night
- Snazzy but classic flats
- Any purse will do really — I opt for my box clutches or a simple crossbody
- Minimal, classic jewelry
- Bright or nude lip (always carry both!)
- Fishnets — I’ve been throwing my fishnets on with everything, like that one time with my furry heels
So there ya have it, casual for the day, casual or dressy for the night, and perfectly sassy and effortless for roaming downtown and happy hour with family, friends and all of the above. Shop the day to night outfit from head to toe at the bottom of the post! XOXO
Shop The Look: Day to Night Outfit
Shop Love Your Melon beanies.
Shop AG Jeans via Nordstrom.
Shop M. Gemi for a classic, luxury and timeless pair of flats.
Shop fishnet socks via Free People.
As for the lips–will share my favorite lips currently on repeat in a new post soon!